Monday 1 June 2015

recycling at it's best!


I've had a lot of fun just lately seeing what someone else can do with my old WiPs! Recently, I parted with some of my stash fabric - well, we can't use it all, can we? I bundled up some fabric along with a couple of quilt tops & gave them to an old school friend. She lives remotely up north, difficult to get to shops, etc. 
The other day she sent me photos of her finished quilts. And it's interesting, isn't it, how someone else can transform your half finished project /fabrics into something totally, wonderfully different! Fresh eyes and all that! So I was really happy when I came across this idea today... 

Cynthia from quilting is more fun than housework is hosting a one day special event! 
Orphan Adoption Event
June 6, 2015

You can offer as much or as little as you wish, blocks, patterns, kits, WiP's, anything that you hope someone else can use. It's a one day event on Saturday June 6 starting @ 7 PST, and everything must be given away for free.

Such a great idea... recycling at it's best indeed! I got lost for several hours in the depths of 'the tardis' (the wardrobe in my sewing room!) sorting through things, and came up with a couple of projects that I will never, in all reality, get around to finishing! Why not pop back here Saturday & leave a comment about which item you may be keen to take off my hands!


Here's a sneak peek at the unfinished projects that I am abandoning!
Should be a lot of fun!





Linking up on Saturday with Cynthia here for the orphan adoption event
... if interested, follow the link & see what others are giving away then too!


1 comment:

Sew Quilt Designs said...

What a good idea. Think i should have a look in my cupboards Linda :)