Friday 28 August 2015

1/4 Log Cabin quilt {a finish}

I spent a bit of time this week refocusing on my FAL Q3 list
Tally up time of 'finishes' for this last quarter is 30 September. 
So far - not surprisingly - I am a bit behind target, with only this one finish! 

Some of my quilt tops hang out together in the wardrobe for months while I work on something else, but not this one! I've just finished putting the binding on my 1/4 Log Cabin quilt, aka the Handkerchief quilt. I do love those vintage-looking handkerchief quilts, don't you? Here's my take on one...




The quilt is pretty busy with all the various AMH prints, so connecting circles was my choice of quilting pattern. Annette certainly worked her quilting magic here! It gives it a nice texture, sort of sinks into the piecing on the front, without competing with the fabrics. For more decision making details about this quilt, see this post here.




pieced scrappy backing 












and I guess you want to see the whole quilt...






Yayee finish #1
A few weeks to go yet, maybe I've still got time to tick another WiP off "the list".
How is everyone else going with their FAL lists?


Linking up with Needle & Thread Thursday  here @ my quilt infatuation
and TGIFF over there too!

14 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Smashing quilt Linda! This is just up my street with all the colour and a multitude of fabrics.

pandchintz said...

Love this quilt, Linda! So colourful and happy.

Sew Quilt Designs said...

Lovely quilt Linda :)

Julie said...

Beautiful colours in this one Linda.

Linda said...

What a lovely quilt. The aqua binding is just right and I love the scrappy backing.

Maryse said...

Beautiful!! You chose beautiful fabrics and colors. Annette's quilting completes your quilt perfectly!!

I wish Annette were living around here ... She would be doing my quilts as well. :-)

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Thank you! Yes, I remember reading somewhere, a Gai Perry book I think, that aqua is a good colour to use to add 'spark' to most scrappy quilts. I think she may be right! L

audrey said...

Really gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this colorful quilt with us.:)

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

OH. MY!! This is so beautiful! I love AMH fabrics, and you have really shown them off! Thanks so much for linking to NTT and TGIFF!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Nifty Quilts said...

Yea, it's wonderful! This pattern has been on my list for years, but I had forgotten it. You've just inspired me to make one again, someday. Bravo!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comment! I still really like the vintage scrappy version too, I might just make another one again, someday! (looks like you are up very late!) Cheers, L

Bethany said...

This is so lovely and this style quilt is on my bucket list (along with a MILLION other projects!) Yours is magnificent! Great colors and fabrics!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love this scrappy looking quilt.

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

What a great way to combine all those beautiful prints. It looks so bright and summery on your vintage sewing table. Well done on your finish. Visiting as a member of the official 2015 Finish-Along cheerleading squad.