Thursday 24 December 2015

the best of 2015




Back in town briefly for Xmas day with the family... wrapping up the last few prezzies, getting the trifle layers done, last minute prepping for the turkey, and just a little bit of catch up blog reading! I stumbled across a new-to-me site, Meadow Mist Designs, where Cheryl is hosting a linky party highlighting your "best" 5 posts from 2015. It can be anything from your favourite finishes, or posts with the most views, to your best tutorials or best discussions.

Best of 2015 Linky Party


I've had a blog for just over 3 years now and love all the sharing of knowledge and inspiration! An added bonus for me has been that my computer skills have improved, and so too have my photography efforts! I have chosen to highlight my "5 best quilting photos" from this past year of posts...


First up- this pic was taken on our back deck
 'Fonthill quilt', maker unknown, quilting by Annette, binding by me



Tidying my cottons... all the pinks, old & new!


'Rail Fence' quilt  - this pic was taken at my sister's house, the 70's wallpaper my inspiration!



a wall of quilting cotton colour at Annettes, my quilter



and one last photo-
one of my favourite 'makes' this year,  'vintage spin' now all quilted & finished 



Linking up with Cheryl  here for the' best of 2015'


WISHING YOU ALL A HAPPY & SAFE FESTIVE SEASON!


12 comments:

gayle said...

Still loving Vintage Spin! 8)
Merry Christmas and happy beach days!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Ah...thread. So very pretty! Wishing you the best in 2016!

Quilts By Laurel said...

Beautiful quilts! I especially love the Vintage Spin one! :)

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I love your spin on the link up to showcase your photography. Lovely!

Raewyn said...

Great post Linda - I had wondered how to tackle this link up and love how you did it! Beautiful photos :-) Hope you had a fabulously festive time, and best wishes for 2016!

Cheryl said...

Great post, I love all of your favorites! Thanks for linking up!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful pictures! Love the one with all these threads!

Lisa J. said...

Yes you picked very lovely photo's and a wonderful quilt to showcase.

Allison said...

Your retro rail fence and vintage spin quilts are such unusual color combinations, but they so totally work. Congrats on some lovely finishing.

Wishing you a good slide into the new year!

Melanie said...

What a nice idea to pick your top 5! I always find it hard to take great pictures and knowing it makes such a difference in blogging ... you practiced a well needed skill :) I especially love the first picture. So vibrant! All the best for 2016.

www.mell-meyer.de

Mel said...

Such beautiful pictures...love your vintage spin, and that wall of thread is calling me to get quilting!!

Małgorzata Kreft said...

Your "Vintage spin" is gorgeous! I love it!!! Beautiful...